You will need:
* One tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
* Four tablespoons butter.
* Eight large chicken drumsticks.
* Six cloves garlic, crushed.
* One tablespoon black pepper.
* One lemon, zested.
* Two lemons, juiced.
* A quarter cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.
* A quarter cup finely chopped chives, to garnish.
What to do:
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil and two tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in a large pan with a cover. When the butter foams, add the drumsticks and season with salt and thyme. Shake the pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Cover the pan and reduce the heat a bit. Cook for 20 minutes to cook through.
Remove the drumsticks to a platter and add the remaining butter to the pan to melt. Add the garlic and pepper, stir for two minutes, and then add the lemon zest and juice. Swirl to combine and pour over the drumsticks. Garnish with parsley and chives.